Shrug Life

Sunday, October 22, 2006

My life may need a laugh track



All right guys, so I've finally given in to this whole bloggity blog thing, and I've decided to blog it up. I figured that if Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinijenad (there's no way I've correctly spelled that, nor do I think there is a way to correctly spell it) can maintain a journal of his most outlandish thoughts (and get national press) so can I. Only I'm not expecting national press.

Besides, Matt's Shipper-Receiver blog has been an effective tool for keeping connected with friends, and just bridging relations. So I guess this way I can avoid those emails to all my distant friends and relatives that I keep repeating over and over, to each one, because they all wanna know “How are you, Jason Mckinley?”

I guess my main influence for this is Tanya, my girlfriend, who tells me that I live a sit-com life. She's referring to the time I dropped my keys down the elevator shaft. Or the time I got arrested to for moving a park bench from one park to another (I was 16!), or the way we met — during a zombie acting class when we were both extras in Resident Evil 2.

So what crazy stories do I have today? Nothing really. I received a scarce amount of fudge on my McDonald's sundae, and when I asked them to give me more, Bobby—the most precocious 14 year-old I've ever met—told me that they had insufficient fudge. I just had this funny image of “INSUFFICIENT FUDGE” flashing on a debit pin-pad screen.

It looked nothing like it does in any of these models:


Maybe it was only funny to me.

I'll try for something more compelling tomorrow. Sorry that my life isn't as thrilling as Tanya tells people it is. I think the kick she gets out of these things is simply because she lives such an uneventful life. Sorry babe, but you know its true :)

5 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Tanya G...Unit! said...

Haha, that's not true! You know I... I... oh, who am I kidding, my life is boring!!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger tom stewart said...

its not just funny to you. insufficient fudge, I see it too man. and those goddamn mcdonldas employees are so smart-ass to me. i swear they need to pay them more so they wouldn't be so rude.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger tom stewart said...

I mean MCDONALDS, man, don't know how that 'a' got so left behind.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dave_420 said...

hey Jay good to see your doing something useful with your life lol.



I'll be in the city next weekend expect a ring a ding a dingle.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Matt Grant said...

Hey Mckinley, your blog is pretty great even if you and Tanya's lives are boring as hell. Are you guys having the annual pre-Halloween horror video fest this year? We're keeping the tradition going strong here in Calgary - we watched Underworld 1 & 2 and The Shining this weekend. Next weekend's going to be some classics like Carnival of Souls. I know how much you and Tanya like to get spooked. I wish we could be there with you. Till next time!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home